It is a fusion of architecture and ability – it embraces and caters to the need for modern architecture to be accessible to all.
March 3rd, 2015
Archability™ was founded in 2014 as an extension of the architectural planning division of Active Mobility – established in 1995. The brainchild of our trainee in-house access consultant, it offers architects a portal of fittings, fixtures and equipment for healthcare projects including aged care and supported housing.
Archability™ seeks to create functional, ergonomic facilities without compromising elements of design that are important to architecture – it is about creating ‘homes’ not ‘hospitals’. It is a consultative solutions-based approach to achieving clinical outcomes without a clinical appearance.
Archability™ offers products of elegant form and excellent function in the following categories:
• Track mounted patient lifting hoists – specialising in concealed or partially concealed systems
• Accessible bathroom fittings – including grab rails and shower seats by EDDS and Philippe Moine for French manufacturer Pellet A.S.C
• Adjustable bathing systems – six options from France-Reval with features such as hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, chromotherapy and music therapy
• Accessible change room fixtures – with particular emphasis on the promotion of creating Changing Places for enhanced public accessibility for the disabled
• Swimming pool access – both in the private and public domain
• Bedroom furnishings – including planning assistance by award winning German specialists Wissner-Bosserhoff
• Sensory room furnishings – featuring the unique SenSit by Susanne Grønlund
• System Ulna hands-free door hardware– for the ultimate in hygiene and universal accessibility
A searchable and comprehensive guide for specifying leading products and their suppliers
Keep up to date with the latest and greatest from our industry BFF's!
Join us behind the scenes with V-ZUG’s in-house design team, and discover how this Swiss boutique kitchen manufacturer balances art, science and history to create its pioneering Excellence line.
Natural forms meet technological sophistication to produce GH Commercial’s Pattern Perfect® Native Collection of carpets. Step inside the factory to see how local flavours inform the design.
The workplace has changed – and it will continue to evolve. With dynamism at the heart of clients’ requirements, architects and designers at leading practices such as Elenberg Fraser are using and recommending Herman Miller’s OE1 products for the future workplace.
Bidding farewell to mundane and uninspired office spaces, colour has transformed our workplaces into layered and engaging environments. So we sit down with Karina Simpson, Hot Black’s Workplace Lead, to talk about the influence colour has on the workspace landscape through the prism of Herman Miller’s progressive colour philosophy.
To achieve the honour of Best of the Best at the 2021 INDE.Awards is an acknowledgment that one project in the Indo-Pacific region is an exemplary design that transcends the norm to be a design of substance and note.
Echelon Products is proud to announce that their stabilizing table base RockSteady has received a 2010 GOOD DESIGN award from the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design.
The internet never sleeps! Here's the stuff you might have missed
NUDO is the latest furniture and accessories collection from Kelly Wearstler and it’s everything we’ve come to expect and love from the California-based designer.
There has been a shift in the way we approach the home office. Gillian Serisier rounds up 43 design products, from shelving to seating, accessories, soft furnishings and more, to make your home office a place you crave to be.
Luminaries travel many different design roads to attain greatness however they all have shared attributes of talent and determination. As Woven Image supports those icons of our industry, the 2023 INDE.Awards pays tribute to the creatives that have shaped, and continue to influence our community.