It is a fusion of architecture and ability – it embraces and caters to the need for modern architecture to be accessible to all.
March 3rd, 2015
Archability™ was founded in 2014 as an extension of the architectural planning division of Active Mobility – established in 1995. The brainchild of our trainee in-house access consultant, it offers architects a portal of fittings, fixtures and equipment for healthcare projects including aged care and supported housing.
Archability™ seeks to create functional, ergonomic facilities without compromising elements of design that are important to architecture – it is about creating ‘homes’ not ‘hospitals’. It is a consultative solutions-based approach to achieving clinical outcomes without a clinical appearance.
Archability™ offers products of elegant form and excellent function in the following categories:
• Track mounted patient lifting hoists – specialising in concealed or partially concealed systems
• Accessible bathroom fittings – including grab rails and shower seats by EDDS and Philippe Moine for French manufacturer Pellet A.S.C
• Adjustable bathing systems – six options from France-Reval with features such as hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, chromotherapy and music therapy
• Accessible change room fixtures – with particular emphasis on the promotion of creating Changing Places for enhanced public accessibility for the disabled
• Swimming pool access – both in the private and public domain
• Bedroom furnishings – including planning assistance by award winning German specialists Wissner-Bosserhoff
• Sensory room furnishings – featuring the unique SenSit by Susanne Grønlund
• System Ulna hands-free door hardware– for the ultimate in hygiene and universal accessibility
INDESIGN is on instagram
The internet never sleeps! Here's the stuff you might have missed