The home of architecture and design in Asia-Pacific

Get the latest design news direct to your inbox!

Lighter, softer, greener: Unveiling the new JAC seating collection

Discover the latest milestones and updates that have made Zenith’s JAC collection the new benchmark for style, ergonomic excellence, and environmental consciousness.

Lighter, softer, greener: Unveiling the new JAC seating collection

Providers of innovative workplace furniture solutions Zenith and eco-design visionaries Schamburg and Alvisse have always understood that shaping elegant and adaptable furniture with minimal environmental footprint is the path forward for sustainable design.

In 2019, the convergence of this shared vision manifested in the release of the highly praised JAC collection, an artfully composed seating collection offset by the ‘One Jac One Tree’ initiative.

Since then, the development of recycling technology has continued apace, giving Zenith and Schamburg and Alvisse the opportunity to fully realise their creative vision. JAC is now available in 95% post-consumer recycled polypropylene shells (with the remaining 5% glass fill). These plastics are made from recycled plastic components of washing machine casings and discarded household appliances that have been meticulously colour sorted, cleaned, granulated, and tested for durability.

The use of this innovative, ‘greener’ material means that the new JAC shells have a significantly reduced environmental footprint. The recycled shells are available in four new colours, Chocolate, Burnt Umber, Rust and Sky Blue, in addition to the existing colour range, which is also made from recycled materials.

Notably, the new JAC range also introduces the addition of three new models: The Executive, The Armchair and The Lounge Chair. Lighter and softer not only on the environment but also in design, this trio retains JAC’s trademark comfort and body contouring support with added refinements.

The new JAC collection establishes a softer aesthetic that enhances the overall immersive experience. Employing cutting-edge foam injection moulding technology, Zenith conducted numerous tests, experimenting with different levels of foam density to attain optimal comfort. The result is a seating experience that seamlessly blends opulence with ergonomic excellence.

The JAC One Tree programme will also continue with the new additions to the JAC lineup, in alignment with the designers’ and Zenith’s commitment to environmental stewardship.

The ‘lighter’ and ‘softer’ JAC collection sets a new environmental benchmark in the dynamic world of commercial seating. It is estimated that the new recycled shells will redirect 103 tonnes of waste from landfills annually, equivalent to the volume of approximately 5.7 garbage trucks each year.

At the same time, Zenith has not skimped on comfort and aesthetics, transforming the JAC collection into a comprehensive seating solution for virtually any commercial application.

For more information on the sustainable and stylish JAC, visit Zenith’s website here.


INDESIGN is on instagram

Follow @indesignlive

The Indesign Collection

A searchable and comprehensive guide for specifying leading products and their suppliers

Indesign Our Partners

Keep up to date with the latest and greatest from our industry BFF's!

Related Stories

While you were sleeping

The internet never sleeps! Here's the stuff you might have missed