Fringe Furniture winners announced at the Melbourne Fringe Festival 2008.
October 6th, 2008
The Fringe Furniture exhibition forms an integral part of the Melbourne Fringe Festival. This year’s theme ‘What is your mark?’ invited artists and designers to consider their impressions upon design and objects in their day-to-day lives.
The exhibition, focussing on personal expression through form, gives artists and designers the opportunity to showcase new work in an experimental arena.
More than 80 works were displayed, including furniture, lighting and homewares, and saw entries from designers, artists and students.
This year’s winners, announced last week at a ceremony held at the Melbourne Museum, were:
• ‘Fork’ – Michelle Klisowsky (Best Sustainable Design) [pictured]
• ‘Molentje’ – Yoshio Takagi (Best Design Addressing the Theme)
• ‘Squash Me’ – Spaceleft (Award for Fresh Innovation + Best Emerging Talent)
• ‘Corset’ – FourPoints Studio (Best Design for Commercial Application)
• ‘Flat Jack’ – Spaceleft (Most Cutting Edge Design)
• ‘Petal to the Metal’ – Kristian Aus (Best Lighting).
The Fringe Furniture exhibition is currently on display at the Melbourne Museum until 12 October 2008.
INDESIGN is on instagram
The internet never sleeps! Here's the stuff you might have missed