Satellite at the Fiera is the place to find the best of emerging designers. This year had a lot to offer as Mandi Keighran and Alice Blackwood point out with their top picks…
April 13th, 2011
1. ‘Pebble Chair’ by Roz Campbell at Melbourne Movement takes inspiration from the beaded seat covers popular with cab drivers. The rocks on the outdoor chair absorb the heat of the sun.
2. ‘Alba’ concept light by Spalvieri/Delciotto changes from dark blue to white with the heat of a light bulb.
3. Strek Design Collective was cute and colourful.
4. Label Objet had some beautiful customisable glassware, the pieces of which are joined with balloons and a bicycle pump!
5. ‘Dancing with Concrete Easy Chair’ by Swedish Ninja is deceptively solid.
6. ‘Leone’ lights by Lansavecchia + Wai use the same traditional techniques used to make Chinese lion masks. Layers of paper cover the bamboo frame.
7. Singapore designer, Jarrod Lim has a beautiful collection on show at the entrance to Satellite.
Hero image: work by Mayuko Yoshida
MORE FROM MILAN
INDESIGN is on instagram
The internet never sleeps! Here's the stuff you might have missed