Superior finishes, with depth and accuracy of colour
October 24th, 2011
1. What does your company supply?
Premium interior and exterior paint, speciality finishes, premium wallpaper and wide-board pre-finished oak flooring
2. What’s the history of your company (how did it start)?
Porter’s Paints was founded by Peter Lewis in 1982. Peter started making Lime Wash and French Wash in a small garage in Randwick in Sydney. Almost thirty years later Porter’s Paints has seven stores in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane and our paint and wallpaper is sold in over 50 speciality paint and decorating stores across Australia.
3. Where do you distribute?
Major distribution in Australia and New Zealand, international distributors in the US (Los Angeles), Japan, China, Korea, Indonesia, New Caledonia and Thailand. Rest of the world via www.porterspaints.com
4. Describe your customers?
Architects, interior designers, painters and retail customers. Our clients are passionate about colour, the quality and texture of our products and our ability to tailor our products to meet project requirements
5. What sets your company apart?
• All of our paint and wallpaper is handmade in Australia.
• Commitment to the environment – the vast majority of our products are water based and we have a range of zero VOC paints
• Authenticity and quality of raw materials and traditional finishes
• Our staff – colour specialists with deep technical product knowledge
6. Who should we speak to when specifying?
Architectural representative – Sarah Thompson 0407 668220 email@example.com
Customer Service – 1800 656664
7. What are your client’s priorities at the moment?
Quality and originality, product performance. Tailored products – custom colours in paint and wallpaper.
8. What is good design to you?
Proportion, simplicity and colour
9. What does the future hold?
Continued innovation in paint. New paint colours and wallpaper designs. Sharing Porter’s Paints expertise with our trade and retail community through training and workshop experiences across Australia.
INDESIGN is on instagram
The internet never sleeps! Here's the stuff you might have missed
Inner city Melbourne has many beautiful locales and highly sought after suburbs in which people want to live, but few are so pretty as the beachside suburb of Elwood. An established suburb, Elwood has become a hub for those who appreciate parklands and the beach while still wanting to immerse themselves in the social interaction to be found at nearby cafes, restaurants and speciality shops. And the Elwood House is the perfect example of this suburb’s popularity.