German brand Aeris have created an office chair that presents a new perspective in seating.
June 17th, 2014
A new take on creative thinking
The user‘s motion on traditional office chairs is mostly monotonous, linear and unnatural. The motion on 3Dee however is spontaneous, complex and follows the natural motion of humans. The idea is based on the 3D ergodynamics concept . 3Dee ergonomics is geared to human’s natural motion patterns, and likewise the form language of 3Dee is geared to the human body.
Dynamic formal aesthetics create the independent profile of 3Dee. As with the popular, award winning ‘swopper’, the central motion element – the spring – is visible to the user and a sign of the motion capabilities of the chair.
Who is the designer?
Tobias Caratiola has combined his role as designer and product developer for aeris-Impulsmöbel for the past 6 years.
He studied Industrial Design at the University of Niederrhein, Krefeld. Caratiola also worked as a freelance designer for companies such as Domus Ventures, Impex- Electronics and Mid Ocean Brands. With his creation of 3Dee, Caratiola achieved a forward-thinking step for the aeris design language.
• Enlarges the space within reach & enables core muscle training
• provides freedom of movement
• adjusts to any shape of back
• enables optimum posture at any work surface
• relieves intervertebral discs, stimulates blood flow & improves circulation
• fosters movement & changing seating positions to strengthen the back
• Four years R&D
• 100% In-house engineering and design
• 7 patents
• physiologically shaped backrest
• breathable material for healthy, comfortable sitting
• avoids pressure points due to flexzone® technology
• Hi-Tech spring strut for vertical swinging
• seating height and motion individually adjustable
3Dee will be on display in August at Melbourne InDesign.
INDESIGN is on instagram
A searchable and comprehensive guide for specifying leading products and their suppliers
The internet never sleeps! Here's the stuff you might have missed