After turning the brief for The Project at this year’s Saturday in Design over to you, we’re delighted to announce the winning concept.
February 6th, 2012
Earlier this year we invited 5 architectural firms to create briefs for The Project as part of Saturday in Design, to be held in Melbourne on 17 and 18 August.
1. CELEBRATION – of Australian design, of design as service and commodity, of 10 years of SiD (futurespace)
2. CRAFTED – is hand craft a lost practice? How much do we still use our hands to create? (HASSELL)
3. BEYOND – design the next decade (Matthew Stubbs Partners)
4. 10 – in honour of 10 years of SiD (Via Studio)
5. ACTIVATE – bring forms and spaces to life; take action; revive, invigorate, awaken (Woodhead)
After weeks of voting, the winning concept has been chosen! Many thanks to the team at Woodhead, whose ACTIVATE idea struck the biggest chord with Indesignlive readers.
Thank you to all for your ideas, for voting and helping to shape The Project in 2012. Get ready to activate Melbourne in August!
Saturday in Design
INDESIGN is on instagram
The internet never sleeps! Here's the stuff you might have missed
Inner city Melbourne has many beautiful locales and highly sought after suburbs in which people want to live, but few are so pretty as the beachside suburb of Elwood. An established suburb, Elwood has become a hub for those who appreciate parklands and the beach while still wanting to immerse themselves in the social interaction to be found at nearby cafes, restaurants and speciality shops. And the Elwood House is the perfect example of this suburb’s popularity.