Design Journey is an exploration of deeprooted cultures and handmade traditions. Inspired by the Shaw Contract Group design team travels to Cambodia and Laos, the Novice & Master collection celebrates the culture, craft and technique of artisan weavers and captures the art of silk weaving in a luxurious and richly textured collection of designs.
March 1st, 2015
Plush, textural and sophisticated, Design Journey includes two broadloom and six carpet tile products. Refined textures with a high luster finish lend the collection well to hospitality, professional services, corporate office and high end retail environments.
Products offer varied scales of textures and eight styles in 15 colours, including warm and cool neutrals and deep rich hues.
The styles explore the uniqueness between generations and expertise.Those that represent the novice replicate the new weaver with irregular fabric and inconsistent textures, while others represent precise and complex patterns of the experienced master weaver.”
• Artisan Tile: an irregular stitch pattern with a nod to the fine and smooth elements of silk
• Artisan Loom: a broadloom version of artisan tile featuring an irregular stitch pattern
• Cloth Tile: the rough course texture in this tile pays homage to a raw silk
• Plainweave Tile: horizontal woven accent bands overlaid in the Cloth texture
• Kit Tile: a near solid, the masterful simplicity comes from a single continuous colour of
• Chok Tile: precisely adds multiple colours for an intricate wovenlike
• Matmee Tile: delicate threads of lustrous yarns alternate rhythmically throughout tiles, inspired by the great skill needed to achieve the complexity of ikat resist dye patterns
• Chok Loom: a delicate broadloom pattern with the texture of Kit combined with the detail of Chok
Products range from 38 – 40 ounces and are constructed of Eco Solution Q fiber and EcoWorx tile or Ultraloc broadloom backing, offering a lifetime commercial warranty covering
abrasive wear, tuft bind, edge ravel and delamination.
Cradle to Cradle Silver Certified™ completely recyclable and manufactured with recycled content, all products offer a sustainable flooring solution. All EcoWorx tile products are GECA certified and achieve a Green Star ‘Level A’ product rating according to the Green
Building Council of Australia.
Shaw Contract Group
INDESIGN is on instagram
The internet never sleeps! Here's the stuff you might have missed
Respective of the site’s history and the role it has played in the state of Victoria, Winter Architecture and Zunica have transformed an existing cricket pavilion at the Kinley Cricket Club into one that fosters community engagement and activation.