Multibay Compactus is ideal for the bulk storage of any regularly accessed item in the office, back-of-house in a retail area, library, warehouse or archive.
August 11th, 2011
Imagine a bulk storage system that balances the practical task of easy-access high-density storage, with the modern design demands required by contemporary spaces. Introducing Multibay Compactus, the mass storage heavy weight champion.
Multibay Compactus is an easy to operate, bulk storage solution suitable for regularly accessed items. Its application is best suited to large offices, retail spaces, libraries, warehouses and archive operations. The system’s tracks anchor to the floor for greater strength, which allows for the accommodation of heavier loads. Thanks to Mechanically Assisted Operation, ease of use is incorporated into the unit’s design, allowing the operator to move between units at the turn of an ergonomic hand wheel.
• Carries significantly greater loads due to a rigid track and base system
• Bases are mechanically-driven to reduce operator strain
• Fixed floor track system caters for uneven floors
• Structural infill floors between the tracks provide a safe and solid working platform
• Infill platforms are finished with a ’walk-up’ ramp to reduce trip-hazards and allow trolley access
Available in a wide variety of sizes to allow system tailoring
INDESIGN is on instagram
The internet never sleeps! Here's the stuff you might have missed
UNStudio is known as an innovator of digital technology with architecture. A recently completed shopping mall in Shanghai by the Dutch studio, Lane 189, offers an opportunity to explore formal complexity and a deep integration of façade and interior space – all inspired by art and science.