Short and snappy and straight from the streets. This is the quick-fire digest from a gamut of the world’s best designers at the 2018 Salone del Mobile Milan.
April 20th, 2018
– Marcel Wanders speaking about a collaboration with fellow Dutch design company Concrete for the Moooi installation
– Stephen Burks on his newly designed Grasso chair for BD Barcelona
– Thomas Bentzen gets honest about his approach to design while being interviewed on the Muuto stand
– Konstantin Grcic talks narratives in design in an interview with our Singapore editor Narelle Yakuba
– Jasper Morrison shares advice for designing a chair on the Maruni stand
– David Rockwell on the Gessi stand presenting his new tapware design
Keep up to date with the latest and greatest from our industry BFF's!
The story behind the industry’s beloved chair is as iconic as Eames LCW itself. And so as we celebrate the diamond jubilee of one of Herman Miller’s most emblematic designs, we look back at Charles and Ray Eames’ experiment that saw an inventive response to a wartime need become one of the most influential objects of modern design.
The internet never sleeps! Here's the stuff you might have missed
IndesignLive sits down with BAR Studio’s Felicity Beck and newly appointed Madrid director Maria Garcia-Arribas to find out how an amalgamation of opportunities led to an international expansion at one of the most trying times in recent global history.