Presented by James Hardie
September 1st, 2020
View the video now by filling the form below.
*Please remember you are required to attend the full hour of the presentation in order to receive your formal CPD Certificate.
*You do not need to submit your Questionnaire to the AIA or brand, please keep on file for your records.
*By registering to watch this you agree to share your information with Indesign Media and it’s third-party partners.
This CPD aims to educate participants on how tragic building and cladding failures globally have bought on NCC code changes in order to ensure the design and build of safe and enduring facades. We will take you through how to understand these updates and what their impact has been on the building code in the context of façade cladding selection and façade design.
Key Learning Outcomes:
After completing this course, attendees will be able to:
• Define the context of the NCC Updates in order to fulfil the expectations of the Building Code
• Evaluate the compliance layers in the NCC that affect cladding selection
• Identify the required level of fire resistance for your building’s façade
• Identify the compliance pathways and what methods and tests are needed to demonstrate compliance
• Identify any state by state differences in the NCC
• Define and fulfil why Fibre Cement cladding is considered fire safe (exempt from additional testing and verification) in the building code
AACA Competency Standards related to this session:
Documentation: Detailed Design 5.3, 5.4, 5.5
Timothy Elliot, Product Manager – Commercial, James Hardie
Tim Elliott joined James Hardie in 2015 as part of James Hardie’s lead technical team, Engineering Solutions, and specialises in the design and technical construction details. He is now the James Hardie Product Manager for Commercial.
Tim has a Bachelor of Architectural Studies from the University of New South Wales and has worked in James Hardie’s Research & Product Development division. He has since taken on the role of Product Manager for Commercial Facades to continue the development of James Hardie’s innovative products and solutions.
"Please scroll to the top to view the video."
Please note by accessing advertiser content your details may be passed onto the advertiser for fulfilment of 'the offer'. The subscriber also permits the advertiser to follow up the fulfilment of the offer by email, phone or letter.
The internet never sleeps! Here's the stuff you might have missed