The Staron® Design Award Judges have met and decided on the winners of the Staron® Design Awards 2014 – Edition 2. An award winner was selected am...
Mima Design are looking for creative retail interior designers with strong all-round skills, to join our close-knit team. Opportunities for junior and mid-level designers.
You will be exposed to a variety of projects for F&B, retail and branded environments, working with leading Australian brands.
Essential skills and experience:
- Bachelor Degree – Interior Design/Interior Architecture
- Minimum 3 years post-grad experience
- Proficiency in Vectorworks
- Experience in retail and/or hospitality projects
- Technically minded with attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work on multiple projects
- Working knowledge of the BCA and food code
- Strong communication skills
If you are looking to grow and develop as a designer, thrive in a fast-paced environment and are driven, we want to hear from you.Retail Interior Designer
Fanuli has created excitement and devotion among its following for over 39 years. It has an enviable reputation for exceptional products, services and customer care under an exclusive brand.
As a Sales Consultant, and the face of our Company, you will promote Fanuli, our values and our brands, and will be given the opportunity to use your Interior Design Skills and assist clients with creative home solutions.
- proven sales background, ideally in high-end home furnishings
- demonstrated track record in the dynamic design/retail world
- commitment to sales through solid in-store relationships
- manage all facets of retail administration and office duties as required
- excellent communication skills, highly motivated
- manage and maintain client details in the company database
- sound business judgement, professional, efficient, accurate and organised
- desire to provide outstanding customer service
- computer literate with skills in Microsoft Office
Your commitment will be rewarded with on-going thorough and extensive training in our exclusive brands and products, with our entire friendly Sales team.
Salary will be negotiated according to experience and capabilities of the applicant.
We have full and part time positions available immediately, please send your CV to Trudy Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org for further informationRetail/Sales Consultant
Kartell is the world’s leading manufacturer of design classics made from plastic and the company continues to push the scientific limits of the material.
Since its launch in 1949, Kartell has worked with designers to make plastic engaging and desirable. Componibili was one of the first pieces launched and is still in production today. Colour is Kartell’s trademark, but in 2001 it perfected transparent plastic with the Louis Ghost chair by Philippe Starck. Louis Ghost is now a multiaward winning design icon and their number one seller.
You must possess the maturity to confidently deal with our top tier demographic, along with an appreciation for luxury goods. A keen eye for showroom detail and an understanding of the importance of the day to day retail process is second nature to you. You are of course passionate about design, but may have until now admired from the sidelines.
Key Responsibilities Include;
- Develop and manage clients, nurturing ongoing relationships
- Guide clients in the selection of furniture and accessories
- Quotation and pricing of furniture
- Management of sales through to delivery
- Achieve monthly sales budgets
Candidates that demonstrate the following are encouraged to forward their resume for consideration.
Experience within the furniture/interior industry is not essential however is favorable.
- Must possess an exceptional work ethic
- A passion for customer service excellence
- Enjoy working within a small sales team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Self motivation and the ability to work independently
A passionate and driven individual is sought to a lead a new sales team at this exciting new location with experience in a similar role a key advantage.
This full time role is an opportunity to work with one of Italy’s most progressive and iconic design brands within Australia.
You will successfully manage the daily operations of an international brand’s flagship furniture showroom in Australia. Kartell is the world’s leading manufacturer of design classics made from plastic. Since the advent of this new material in 1950, Kartell has worked with designers to make plastic engaging and covetable. Colour is Kartell’s trademark, but in 2001 they perfected transparent plastic with the Louis Ghost chair by Philippe Starck. Louis Ghost is now their number one selling chair.
Key areas of responsibility
- Responsible for reaching store targets
- Manage and motivate a new sales team to increase sales and ensure efficiency, while being a motivated and confident member of a sales team.
- Manage all showroom stock levels, as well as managing stock movement between all other showrooms and warehouses.
- Be an effective Visual Merchandiser and co-ordinate showroom layouts.
- Develop local marketing and in-store promotional initiatives alongside the company marketing department.
- Take an active role in the development of the brand and the status of the showroom in the industry and the community.
To be considered for this role, you will be enthusiastic, with a minimum of 2 years retail sales experience. Ideally the candidate should have previous experience in furniture sales and management, with a strong sense of customer service and a background in Interior Design (not essential). The successful applicant must display a self motivated attitude and demonstrate exceptional organisational skills.Store Manager – Kartell Flagship Store
Black Line Retail is Australia’s leading retail design and project consultancy – we provide a wide range of services for a rapidly growing number of retail power-houses, locally and overseas. Our clients are some of the most recognised brands in Australia and from around the world.
Based in Alexandria, we are a team of dedicated retail professionals who provide genuine and transparent value for our clients – be it strategic, iconic or commercial. Culturally, we take our work and clients seriously, but not necessarily ourselves.
We are currently looking for Junior Designers with at least 2 years VECTORWORKS experience for initially a 3 month assignment, with a view to becoming permanent. You will be working on a number of retail store designs and be keen to learn, expand your skills, act on initiative and do great work!
The successful applicant will possess:
- A degree in design or commensurate professional drafting experience
- The ability to create and produce work of a professional standard
- The ability to think independently and as a part of a team
- Good communication skills
- An eye for detail
In return, Black Line will provide a competitive salary based on experience, an excellent working environment and corporate culture, a genuine work / life balance and a broad range of interesting and exciting clients / projects.Junior Designer
The introduction of timber to any space has an inherent warming effect, as we see in St Stephen’s Hospital in Queensland. ...
CSM’s customised Evolution Sliding Door Cabinets proved to be the perfect storage solutions for Bates Smart’s stunning fit out of TransGrid’s He...
In Indesign #60, we tell the story of Italian architectural lighting company, iGuzzini. ...
Filling a brief for the new TAFE North Sydney, Own World have specified product that pairs contemporary aesthetics with the resilience of functioning ...
Krost has just released the 26th version of their annual office furniture catalogue. ...